Acupuncture for Weight Loss
Obesity, caused by everything from stress and poor diet to illness and sedentary lifestyle, has become increasingly common in recent years, and it is a major contributor to many serious illnesses. Many people find it difficult to stick to fad diets that guarantee quick, easy weight loss. This is because there is no such thing. A healthy body weight can only be achieved through an overall healthy lifestyle that includes healthy eating habits, regular exercise, and… acupuncture?
Does Acupuncture work for Weight Loss?
Yes, the thin needles that are inserted in such a way to regulate the production of certain hormones that play a primary role in metabolism, appetite regulation and nutrition absorption. Acupuncture unblocks the flow of qi (means the fundamental life force in Chinese philosophy) in the body and releases the blockage and restore the balance between yin and yang.
How does Acupuncture work for Weight Loss:
Acupuncture is easy, safe, convenient, and effective, and it comes with no unwanted side effects, but remember that it is not a quick fix. It works gradually, and it works best as a supplement to an overall healthy lifestyle. Let’s take a more in-depth look at why it’s so effective.
For many people, stress, anxiety, and frustration are major triggers for over-eating. An acupuncturist can insert needles in a way that triggers the release endorphins in the body, thereby reducing stress. It helps to reduce the stress and anxiety and there by overeating.
Ghrelin hormone induces feelings of hunger while leptin induce feelings of fullness and satisfaction. Acupuncture can be used to manipulate hormone levels in order to suppress the appetite and make you feel satiated.
Secretions of pituitary gland increase the rate of metabolism and help to stimulate the thyroid gland. The process of acupuncture re-energizes the hypothalamus and stimulates the pituitary which activates a sluggish thyroid gland and speeds up the metabolism. This automatically makes the body to use its idle and stored fats and finally helps to burn excess fat rather than storing it.
How Acupuncturist Do The Process:
- Most people schedule 1-3 acupuncture sessions per week and start seeing results after about 9 weeks.
- During each session with an acupuncturist, he or she will insert many thin, sterilized needles into specific points on the body with the goal of suppressing the appetite, reducing stress, reducing cholesterol levels, improving blood circulation and increasing metabolism.
- These needles are about the thickness of a human hair and are relatively painless, though some people experience numbness and tingling.
- Once inserted, the needles remain in place, just beneath the skin, for 30 – 45 minutes.
- Acupuncture therapy also involves breathing exercises, herbal treatments, massage, and diet and lifestyle advice. Results vary from person to person.
- Different acupuncture points are selected for different types of treatment.
- Attend these sessions regularly until you reach the desired weight loss.
The frequency and number of sessions depend upon the individual weight loss goals. To lose 5 to 10 pounds you have to attend for every 3 days or twice a week.
At Beauty & Laser Clinic, Our experienced qualified therapists will advise you based on your skin type, Condition and the nature of the treatments that you are receiving to assure your needs and budget by providing an honest and realistic outcome in the consultation.