Everyone knows that diet and exercise is the best way to lose weight. However, that isn’t always enough and we all know there is almost always room for improvement! Getting back into shape after having a baby isn’t and shouldn’t be that hard to do.
The idea of getting full blown liposuction is kinda scary, so you might be a little excited to hear about Laser Lipo. It’s a non-invasive type of liposuction, takes about 30 minutes per session, NO downtime and it actually works!
How does it work?
Small paddles are placed on the treatment area and secured with straps so they stay in place. The paddles emit low levels of laser energy, which essentially blasts the fat cells without harming your skin. It sends the signal to break down the stored triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol which then releases the fat to be eliminated from the body. This process of releasing the fatty acids is actually a natural response the body has when the body needs to used stored energy reserves. So the nice thing about the Laser Lipo (aka i-Lipo or Zerona Lipo Laser) is that it’s not creating any unnatural reaction in the body nor does it damage or alter any surrounding structures such as skin, blood vessels and peripheral nerves.
The usual treatment areas are abdomen (mummy tummy!), thighs, love handles/muffin top and even upper arms. Here in Beauty & Laser Clinic located in Manly Sydney You can basically get Laser Lipo any place that you want to slim!
Laser Lipolysis procedure explained
- How much does 1 treatment cost? Treatments range from $250-$400 per cycle
- How many treatments do I need to get full results? The recommended course of treatment is 6-8 sessions.
- How many treatments do I need to get full results? The recommended course of treatment is 8 sessions.
- How many treatments before I notice ANY results? Generally, patients can see results after just one treatment. (I did!)
- How long does it take to receive 1 treatment? Each treatment takes about 30 minutes.
- How far apart should each treatment be? There should be at least 4-5 days between each treatment to give your body time to get rid of the fat. Once a week is recommended.
- Does it hurt? The most you will feel is a warming sensation.
- Where does the fat go? It’s absorbed into the lymph system and flushed out. (Hence the recommended increase in water consumption post-treatment!)
- Will it harm my skin? Your skin gets slightly red and warm for about an hour after each treatment.
- Are there any known negative side effects? Apparently people with extremely sensitive skin might notice more redness and it may last a couple hours before subsiding, but this extremely rare.
During the treatment a series of laser pads at 620 nm wavelengths are positioned and strapped on the treated area at around 20 minutes for each session. During this time only a mild warm temperature can be felt which is quite comfortable . You may even have a short nap during the procedure.
After each treatment , we recommend 10-15 minutes fast walk or exercise to stimulate the lymphatic stimulation and detoxifying mechanism , plus drinking plenty of water throughout the program on a daily basis to assist with the body metabolic response, elimination and cleansing process.
A course of 6-8 weekly or twice a week sessions are recommended.
There are no side effects associated with this treatment. Independent clinical studies have shown Lipolysis Laser to be completely safe with no side effects. The Laser Lipolysis simply triggers a natural reaction of fat cell release. The process does not cause any harm or damage and cells remain intact, just smaller, giving immediate results. All body areas except female breast can be treated.
We recommend 10-30 mins daily exercise and drinking plenty of water and a healthy diet program. Straight after the treatment you will need to exercise between 10-30mins and drink plenty of water. This helps your body eliminate to fat cells. After Laser Lipolysis, once the fat cells are broken down the stored triglycerides into free fatty acids and glycerol need a way to exit the body. If these free fatty acids don’t exit the body within a few hours, they get reabsorbed by other fat cells and no result can be achieved since your lymphatic system is not actively eliminating it. An intense quick workout immediately after this procedure ensures that the fat is excreted via the body’s lymphatic system and doesn’t get re absorbed again.
At Beauty & Laser Clinic, Our experienced qualified therapists will advise you based on your skin type, Condition and the nature of the treatments that you are receiving to assure your needs and budget by providing an honest and realistic outcome in the consultation.